7/14/2010

Tate's Karate Kid Birthday Bash



For Tate's 6th Birthday he wanted a Karate Kid Party. It ended up being sort of a
Karate/TaeKwando/Martial Arts Party with all that we incorporated...but it was so much fun, the boys had a blast and Tate didn't stop smiling the entire night, thus...mission accomplished for mom!


Yep he just happen to see a picture of this cake when we were looking on the Internet and was determined that that's what we do. UUGGHH talk about putting my artistic ability to the test. It took way too many hours, but he loved it so it was worth it.



Aahh yeah the ever famous move that Tate loves to show off, got to love it!


We had Sensei Bubba (our special master of the martial arts guest) come and get the boys in shape and teach them some amazing moves. But first they all had to be initiated in by Bubba and Tate with their team headbands and black belts of coarse.

Stretching...

Conditioning...

Tate was the winner of the "Splits Contest" It takes a very flexible boy to master this move!

And finally onto the kicking and punching which was undeniably the overall favorite! The boys faces during this training were HILARIOUS. They were soooo serious and tough I was having the time of my life watching them all and trying not to laugh.





Bow to your SENSEI!

KIA!

Opening presents...


Time for the cutting of the cake.

Of coarse the candles had no chance against the mighty winds of master Tate.

And the absolute hit of the Party was the famous "Board Breaking" or in our book Styrofoam breaking. This was a crack up. The boys all got a turn kicking or punching or however they wanted to break their board. It was adorable!

Karate chopping...

Kicking...

Once they all got a turn we slowly lost control of everything. They all started grabbing scraps and karate chopping it all to bits!

And this is what you end up with after many kicks, punches, and giggles. hhmmm not so adorable, oh well at least they got to live it up!

The next morning was Tate's official Birthday. The Birthday fairy made a quick debut decorating his room, and magically putting these new coveted Ben 10 pajamas on Tate without him even knowing. He woke up amazed that one of his presents was already on him! He ran upstairs and found his present.

"WOW NEW GOLF CLUBS!" Well that's what went through Dad's head when he bought them for Tate. But the actual words that came out of Tate's mouth when he opened them were
"I DON'T EVEN LIKE GOLF." ...............OUCH what a blow! he goes on to say, "But at least I got these cool Ben 10 pajamas." hhhhmmmm so basically we learned we could have spent ten bucks at wal-mart and made the kids day. Looks like we'll be exchanging the golf clubs for something else this year. Oh well LIVE, LEARN, and around here LAUGH!!

7 comments:

juliannarichman@blogspot.com July 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

Cool party-Miles would love that and the board breaking was brilliant. That is every kid's favorite part of karate isn't it? Hilarious about the golf clubs. Miles loves to golf-Tate just needs to go out a few times to a par 3 course and he will love the time with dad! It was so fun to see you guys I am still bummed it was so short and that the boys were not themselves. Maybe next time!

Anonymous July 23, 2010 at 6:27 AM  

What a fun party! Your cake turned out great...if only the kids new the love that goes into all we do. I would have loved to see how serious all those boys took the karate lesson...too cute!

Krysta July 24, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

What a cute and fun party! You can tell Tate was in Heaven. That makes it all worth it.

I love all of your updates. I have been out of the loop lately. You look so stinkin' cute! I'm glad you are feeling better even if you are uncomfortable.

Bubba's Father Day post cracked me up. What a good sport he is to model his new jeans for you. Awesome butt view...that's what makes a jean! ;)

Kami July 26, 2010 at 5:25 AM  

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!! It was a great party, Dav loved it.

brandon and jakell July 27, 2010 at 11:24 AM  

looks like a blast..so fun!!!

tonyandalli July 27, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

Seriously, how many little boys did you invite?!? That is one gutsy move, sista. Still, there is nothing like feeling like your child has friends and is loved by his classmates. That almost makes the jumbo disaster mess worth it!!

holmbergsrock July 28, 2010 at 8:27 PM  

what a fun party!! it was sooo good to see u all. miss ya tons!! love u guys

Friends and Family

...and this is my JOY

...and this is my JOY

Brecken

Brecken
Eight years old

Tate

Tate
Six years old

Avery

Avery
Four years old

Crew

Crew
3 weeks old

About Me

My photo
I am right in the heat of being a total "MOMMY" to 4 energetic kids. I still love sports with every fiber in me, and play any sport I can whenever I get the chance. I love coaching volleyball and challenging myself physically. I have an amazing husband who I am so so so proud of. I love decorating, organizing and making our house a home. My family is my greatest happiness.

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP