7/04/2010

4th of July 2010


Proud to be an American! We are so thankful for our country and the freedoms we enjoy daily, for all those who have fought and are fighting for freedom. We love this special day that we have to celebrate what it really means to have freedom and to be an American!




PARADE TIME!



Here are all the Allred grand kids minus Tate and Brecken who were on the float helping us throw things out. And the picture with all the kids includes all of the extended family, I love all the kids decked out in their red, white, and blue!

After the Parade we were off to the park!

The first booth the kids RAN to was of course the game they could win a huge bull frog and lucky me...Brecken actually won one. She was so excited and this frog is HUGE!



The little kids won a whole bag full of fish! And the boys got some awesome new jerseys.


Now time for the bouncy houses, slides, games, and obstacle courses!




Brecken and Tate were all over the huge rock wall, they were absolutely up for the challenge and both made it to the top with a huge smile on their face....(okay so it did take a little help from the guy behind the scenes with a belt harnessed to him to help pull them up a little)



Avery didn't make it very far, she must have been waiting for this to be a little ride up the mountain or something because she just didn't quite grasp the concept! Maybe next Year Ave.


After the carnival the kids played with their frogs and fish while the boys rummaged up a little game of backyard football

And we got to sit down and relax being the supportive spectators!


The kids conked out after a hot busy afternoon. We still had a lot in store so I'm glad they got a little bit of a nap before we were on to the next event!

Now we're talking... time for a big summer 4th of July meal and Party!


Avery loves having so many cousins around her...especially when she has run out of batteries on the 4-wheeler. I was laughing so hard when I came around the corner and saw this, she obviously doesn't believe in child labor laws. She must think she's the queen bee!

And Now... Time for the Annual family OLYMPIC GAMES to begin. Teams are drawn out and we're ready to go!









This is no ordinary Leap Frog game... it's a combination of kick ball and team leap frog competing for points. Outfield team is trying to get to the kicked ball and leap over each other before the runner runs to a certain point and back. It's so hilarious and so fun!













Those who are too old, too young, or too pregnant for the games took care of babies and enjoyed talking snacking and watching all the teams!



After the Olympics everyone line danced on the back porch waiting for the big firework show. Taylor had his loud DJ system pumped up pretty loud, everyone had a blast bustin a move!



And last but not least the grand finale of the day...Blankets, Pillows, Family and FIREWORKS!


4 comments:

Lacey Sue July 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM  

SO FUN!!! I totally love the idea of the "Olympic games"! So neat!! Your sweet little family- I just love 'em! What a fun 4th!!

Kami July 20, 2010 at 7:18 AM  

Doug is going to be upset that his team was not represented in the team photos....watch out!!! jk. It was a fun day!

Felder Funnies July 21, 2010 at 7:23 AM  

Look at that belly girl!! Soo cute!! Sounds like you had a super fun fourth-- makes me miss living in a small town. Keep me updated on your little one!!

brandon and jakell July 27, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

I am so jealous..you guys have to much fun! So glad you blog so I can keep in touch!! Such fun pictures, thanks for sharing!!!

Friends and Family

...and this is my JOY

...and this is my JOY

Brecken

Brecken
Eight years old

Tate

Tate
Six years old

Avery

Avery
Four years old

Crew

Crew
3 weeks old

About Me

My photo
I am right in the heat of being a total "MOMMY" to 4 energetic kids. I still love sports with every fiber in me, and play any sport I can whenever I get the chance. I love coaching volleyball and challenging myself physically. I have an amazing husband who I am so so so proud of. I love decorating, organizing and making our house a home. My family is my greatest happiness.

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP