8/07/2009

{Things aren't always what they seem...}


Here are a few pictures of my adorable, sweet, fun, spicy, little AVERY... this is the side of her that I love to capture on the camera, but remember things aren't always what they seem!!












If she has any of you fooled by the pictures above... let me now capture some of the fun things around the house that Avery likes to do!


Color all over my leather ottoman with a Pen!
(I used a home remedy and I was able to get it out without ruining the leather!)


Come up to me giggling about the wad of gum stuck in her hair!


Pull Tate and 5 full size clean towels into the bathtub with her!

And last but not least, her latest... I had put Avery into timeout
because she had pooped in her swimming suit in the backyard (whole other story)
After not hearing anything for awhile I figured she had fallen asleep...boy was I wrong! I opened the door to check on her and then BAM the stench hit me like a brick wall!!
She had sweetly sprinkled a bottle of FISH FOOD ALL over her room!
It was all over the carpet, on every step of the bunk bed ladder, in drawers, on the windowsill. It was EVERYWHERE. and her room stunk like the flippin dead sea. I'm still finding flakes in remote places of the room.
Although these are not the pictures I love to always capture...I have made a vow to have my blog include the nitty gritty of life....the good the bad and the ugly. I know I will want to remember the hard times so that I will appreciate the happy perfect "smiling" times.
I love this little girl so much and I'm already laughing at all the noddy little things she does to get attention around here!
And someday when she's complaining about her kids doing these inevitable things...I have proof of where they got their bright ideas!



12 comments:

Krysta August 8, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

I love it! Such real life! That is great for you to capture it. She's still pretty darn cute...

Lacey Sue August 8, 2009 at 11:52 AM  

my....oh my....OH MY!!!! I have an "Avery" in my house as well...in my case "Avery" is a male...and named Braden. I wonder what would happen if we left those two together- alone- I wonder if the world would survive something like that?!?!?!
Thank you for sharing the realities of life with us. Life is so bland without the salt and pepper...and salt and pepper = the trials, hardships, messes, and GOOD things in life!! :)

Anonymous August 8, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

I am rolling! It probably comes with the age...our little Chase is always doing something naughty also, but he's just too darn cute for us to really get upset. By the way, you made my day commenting on my blog. You are always a ray of sunshine and miss being around you. I told Clint that you are one of my top five favorite people ever! ( I hope that doesn't sound too creepy since I haven't seen you in a while!)

Em August 9, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

Haha!! Oh my gosh, Paige, you just made my day (sorry it was at your expense!). I am NOT looking forward to those moments with Ava! I guess that's just part of being a parent, like you said. Thanks for making me smile.

Also...HAPPY BIRTHDAY yesterday! I hope you had a great one! You're lucky you're just turning 29, I'm turning the big fat 3-0 in November. YUCK! I'm so dreading it. Haha. Anyway, I hope you had a great day. Love ya!

Em August 9, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

one more thing...how did you get those cute "collages" of pictures? Is it a program? So cute!

Kami August 9, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

I know you will look back and laugh, glad you posted this so the rest of us can all laugh right now!
You need to teach me how to collage a bunch of pictures like you did--

Becca August 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

Hey, you! I haven't commented on your blog forever but have loved looking at your super cute posts. I obviously haven't posted anything for a couple of months...kinda fell off the earth this summer! Anyway,what a cute family you have.

Okay, Avery is awesome!!! Seriously, I admire that you were calm enough in those "uh-oh" moments to think to snap a picture! It's true, those moments DO make us laugh...just later...much later. :) (Like when the room stops smelling like stinky fish food!)

Also, I meant to email you yesterday and wish you a happy birthday! You have such an unforgettable birthday...I guess that must come in handy for your hubby! :) Hope you did something fun and had a great day!!

Greg and Lindsay August 10, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

piggy
can you believe I am commenting on your blog??? You are darling and your stories are funny. love ya and can't wait to party this weekend.!!

Leah August 10, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

too funny.....we better never let her and madelyn play together without adult supervision!!! Love that little Avery!

Mindy and Marty August 11, 2009 at 4:10 PM  

I love the fish food, that is so not funny and the picture of her crying over it is classic. Sorry about the gum, I have yet to see that happen and am NOT excited about it. blah.

it's so funny to read these but probably not as funny to go thru them yourself. thanks for sharing

Christen August 12, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

I love this post!! Sorry she's such a stinker. I have a feeling my little stinker is not going to be getting better anytime soon - I'm in for it!

Happy Belated Birthday, too! Hope it was a great one.

Philip and Melissa August 16, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

Oh my goodness...something to look forward to with my little ones. You probably are super mom and you handled it wayyyyy better than i would! ps. i can't believe how much your son looks like your hubby!!!

Friends and Family

...and this is my JOY

...and this is my JOY

Brecken

Brecken
Eight years old

Tate

Tate
Six years old

Avery

Avery
Four years old

Crew

Crew
3 weeks old

About Me

My photo
I am right in the heat of being a total "MOMMY" to 4 energetic kids. I still love sports with every fiber in me, and play any sport I can whenever I get the chance. I love coaching volleyball and challenging myself physically. I have an amazing husband who I am so so so proud of. I love decorating, organizing and making our house a home. My family is my greatest happiness.

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP