One year older...and Hopefully wiser!
Saturday was my birthday, and I woke up to find a wonderful surprise... The night before my birthday Brecken had told Bubba that she wanted to decorate a sign for me. He told her okay and that he would wake her up to do it. We all hit the sack and started snoozing. At 3:30a.m Breck woke up and realized she hadn't decorated.....so she snuck out of bed, and literally crawled across our room to get to Bub's side of the bed. She was determined not to wake me up. She told Bubba that they HAD to do it now before I woke up. So a few minutes later that sweet little girl and her dad were out making me this sign! She is so thoughtful, and was able to go back to bed and sleep a little more soundly! I love her so much for being so worried about how I felt, Thanks Breck!
We postponed our getaway weekend so that we could join in a wonderful cause. A neighbor of ours was recently in a horrible car accident which resulted in 6 deaths. Him and his son were blessed to make it, but have been in the hospital for over 3 weeks. Our supportive community put together a fundraiser to help their family through this rough time with mounting medical bills. It was very successful and we are so happy it all went well.
this is what went on:
silent auction, spaghetti luncheon, car show, face painting, bouncy house, and car wash
Bub washed cars and I served the lunch, it really was a great afternoon.





9 comments:
Good grief...I didn't know it was your birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU SEXY LADY YOU!!!!! 29...hey, that ain't half bad-- you make 29 look good!!!
I am so glad the fundraiser went well!!! What an amazing community we have, what a awesome neighbor-hood you guys live in!!!
Hope 29 brings you great joy, healthy, happiness, and success ;)!
I am glad you at least go to go OUT to eat for your birthday! It is sad we get so busy we can't even use our birthday as an excuse to check out of life and relax for a day! Glad the fundraiser went well!
Love your pictures! So cute! Happy late Birthday!!! Looks like you had a great one. That was so cute of Brecken! Such a sweetheart!
PF Changs is one of my favorite restaurants! That is fun that you and Bubba got to go enjoy it. I hope your birthday was somewhat good, even though you were soooo busy. Glad that the fundraiser went good! Happy belated Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old ladies rule!! Just as long as you're not 30 yet it's all good!! What a fun fundraiser and good for you and Aaric for working so hard. That is a sad story but what a good cause. We have been crazy around here lately. Bubba starts school on Monday and he is super excited. Paige is Avery Jr. I swear. She is so stinkin' adorable... but just so naughty!! Thank goodness she is potty-trained now so that I don't have to clean any more turds off her crib!! Let me know if you are coming up... that would be a blast!!
PF Changs...that's where we used to always go for our Birthdays back in VA! Great food for a great woman! Glad you guys had a chance to celebrate at the end of such a busy day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAIGE! Your little Brecken is so cute. HOw thoughtful. Sorry to hear about your neighbor. That's awesome that you guys pulled together and did that fundraiser.
Hello SuperStar Mom...you could totally do four!!! I was worried about having four, but I knew I wasn't done with three and I knew I didn't want too many years between my kids...so that brought Aubrey. I do have to say that I have lucked out, she has been incredibly easy and I feel like it hasn't been a huge change for our family. Plus, the older ones are in love with her and want to help all that they can. You could totally do it! I do have to say though that we look like quite the circus wherever we go, especially being back east, peoples jaws drop. I always have people come up and ask how old I am and if they're all mine. So I am sooo glad we got in touch! I am going to be coming to Utah the end of Sept/beg of Oct and I would love to meet up with you. I'm sure there will be a time that I'm in G-ville. By the way Happy (extremely late) Birthday! What I would do for PF Changs right now....
Paiger! I'm so glad that you got my text on your birthday- I thought of you all day!! So sweet of you guys to help with the fundraiser! I'll bet your little family is just adored there! Dinner looked like a blast- those lettuce wraps made me so hungry- they make them the best of anyone! You looked beautiful and catching up on your blog made me realize that you probably have the cutest kids ever! Avery makes me laugh- she reminds me so much of Audrey... we better not get them together.. it's scary to think what they would scheme up together! Love you!!
Post a Comment