{Whatever Works....}
Now some people would look at these pictures and find them very disturbing, they would jump to conclusions and blame me for poor parenting.....but before your mind goes there let me simply explain. I always thought video games were so annoying and useless, however I have had a change of heart.....they are the best BRIBERY on the whole planet. They can be a women's best defense at times. I use to find myself saying the same things over and over every morning........ " You guys hurry put on your shoes" " come on we've got to brush your teeth" "hurry take another bite" " Tate grab your coat" "Brecken come get your hair done" Well my friends, I am now a firm believer that it is not how good of a mother you are, it's simply how good of a briber you are!! I tell the kids whoever gets ready first can play their DS. Each morning the kids race to get ready for the measly 4 minutes of DS playing. Now I find myself running from one to the other because they are yelling to me "mom hurry do my hair" "mom where are my socks" "mom help me put this on"
Yep they are like putty in my hands now, no more fights, and no more begging them to stay focused on getting ready for school......I LOVE IT. Here they are ready and waiting for their ride to school, and believe it or not we all have smiles on our faces still.
Unfortunately Avery doesn't seem to understand my rule that you have to be dressed and ready to play the DS....I heard her say "Dang it" about three times in 1 minute so I came in to see what she was doing, and this is what I found....oh how would it be to be so shameless!



6 comments:
Haha! Thanks for the suggestion! I, like you, am not a big fan of video games. I think kids are getting lazier and lazier and fatter and fatter because they watch too much TV and play too many video games. But hey--that is a GREAT idea! Seriously! Little Avery is so hilarious. What a priceless picture. Haha!
too funny...
I have never wanted my kids to get any kind of game system for that reason. I refused to buy them one, and said I was okay with a wii when we could afford one. That way at least they can get some exersize in...anyway so we still have never gotten one. For Christmas my sister buys them a PS2with a High School Musical game...great. Exactly what I didn't want them to have. They LOVE it. So we stopped at Game stop(first mistake)and picked up four new games(second mistake)for under $20. not to bad I thought...now thats all they ever want to do!!!! I hate it, I want to chuck it out the window...BUT I don't because man can I get CamRee and Tryen to do whatever I want....All I have to do is mention they can't play the PS2 until they are ready for school, done with homework, clean rooms, etc.. It has stopped so many fights and winey fits :) amazing what game systems can do to kids!
Tryen begged and begged for a Nintendo DS. Sure glad we passed that up, or i'd really be in trouble :)
Anywho...I'll quit jabbering, take care. see ya around
I'm so sorry we havn't talked more! I have been using the D.S. for years!!! It also works well at bedtime..... "if you brush your teeth, pick up your room, and have your jammies on you can have your D.S. in be for 5 min." works every time!
love it!! and totally agree..way to find what works :) is Avery naked playing that game :)
Great idea!!!! Brilliant i tell you. Shoot, if it were up to me I'd give my kid one of those during church so she'd at least sit for more than 40 seconds :-)
That is hilarious! I love it! Especially Avery. It doesn't get much cuter than that. :) I have a feeling you could use some serious bribery with that picture when she's older. Hahahaha!
Whatever works is right...you just figured out how to get their bums in action! Good job! We all could use a little help in the mornings.
Post a Comment