{They Just Don't Realize Do They...}
In my home our kitchen is connected to our family room. The other day I was cooking dinner and Brecken was watching The Brady Bunch..(the fact that she loves that show is an entirely different story) Anyway, after watching a scene (where Alice cleaned up the kids things) our conversation went something like this................
Brecken: Mom I really wish we had a Maid.
Me: Um what do you mean? We do have one.
Brecken: What... no we don't, who?
Me: (holding my arms out really wide) Um TA-DA me!!!
Brecken: No, No Mom I mean one like Alice who cooks our food and cleans our house.
Me: Um.....ya Breck who cooks all your food and cleans the house? ....TA-DA!
Brecken: oh ya I guess so........hhhhhhmmmmm
Okay so did it seriously take almost 7 years for my child to realize I do all these things? That's pretty pathetic, but I can see a resemblance....there are many many days I feel way too much like Dear Sweet ALICE!!! And I too wish I had her around instead of trying to BE her.



15 comments:
You are so much cuter...and a much better dresser! I don't think the blue smock would do you justice!
Hang in there Maid Paige!
love, Maid Jill
That is SO funny!!! Hilarious that it just clicked with her that you clean and cook for the WHOLE family everyday! haha
Don't you love kids?? I've decided they truly won't understand what we do until they are parents themselves...until then, they'll be in the dark!
As far as next door, they bought it. Should be interesting......at least someone is there now and they are talking about yard, etc. so we're keeping our fingers crossed!!
Wow...there is a resemblance...kinda. Okay, so not really...I guess the only thing you have in common with Alice is your attitude. I think you both do the Maid job quite happily, despite the mundane-ness of it all! Love those cheery smiles!
Paige, that's so funny. If you happen to get that maid, send her my way. I could definitely use a break as well. Your stories of your kids crack me up. Love them!
Now that's funny shiz....I wonder what age my boys will realize ALL of my slaving away for their happiness. LOL. Ummm...thanks mom.
Paige-
That's so funny-I had almost the exact same conversation with my Annie a few days ago(minus the Alice, she just wanted a maid). It's fun to peek in on your cute family!!
Hey Paige, thanks for checking out my blog.Your family is adorable. I love how you have all little blondes just like me. I wanted dark hair kids like me but nope I got two blondes. Looks like you and your family are doing well. It is good to see pictures of you you look great. Keep in touch!
Oh so true...it's like they're oblivious sometimes! Yeah, they lead charmed lives, don't they? I love this post almost as much as I love that Brecken loves the Brady Bunch! :)
Ethan wrote me a card in primary and he was supposed to fill in the answers about my favorite things. Apparently my favorite place to go is the store, my favorite thing to do is the dishes, and my favorite thing to eat is macaroni and cheese... sounds like we need to introduce our kids to the REAL woman behind the sink! :) I bet you are an awesome mom...Alice doesn't hold a candle. Not that we'd turn her away if she showed up on the doorstep, though... :)
Paige, you do resemble Alice a little... your body seems to be a little firmer and less hippy than hers though. Hope you are getting your life back after your Disneyland adventure!
You are so dang funny! lol
ha! Perfect! I hope your kiddos get your sense of humor. I think it's funny how we would all probably hate to be a maid but yet we were all so excited to be moms. :-)
It is so true- and let's be honest, the dads aren't a whole lot better? ;)
Please tell me that you watch the Brady Bunch with your kids almost every day at 5:30 too??? We love it! and I love your comparison. Hilarious!!!
That is a great story! Good to know to let Addyson know now that I am the maid and to love me for it. I miss you tons and love to read about your family.
Post a Comment