This is why I live where I do.....
I love living in the only town in the state that doesn't get snow!! Seriously, my kids have been playing outside for weeks now. The other day I looked outside and saw Tate and his friend out jumping with no shirts....I asked them what they were doing and they said
"we're hot mom"...........okay no it's not quite that warm, I knew they just thought they were being cool. It's not quite shirtless weather but it has been great outside weather lately....With the way all the mountains face around us we hardly get touched with the snow...even though 15 minutes away has a foot...it's weird and I don't get it but I love it!
That day the boys wanted to be DARTH MAHL.....I had 10 minutes to paint a rough version of him. The boys thought it was AWESOME and had a blast..... Now comparing it to the real darth Mahl...um I might have to go back and take some art classes.



8 comments:
Oh my gosh...I would be a total liar not to say that I am not EXTREMELY JEALOUS of you guys! I am so so so sick of the feet and feet of snow we have at our house. And it just keeps snowing! Ugggg! Seriously! It's March, not December! I want nothing more than to take out our jogging stroller and get some much-needed fresh air.
I've never heard of that Darth guy. LOL. I seriously have no life though. Who is he? I think you did a great job free-handing it! You're such a good mama!
You gotta love boys-- and ol' tate with his mouse houses is all boy!! I'm glad you finally have the bribery thing down-- I used to use candy with Brock for everything until the last dentist visit when the dentist basically told me that Brock has 900 cavivites. I guess I'll try the DS thing now.
Looks great!! I love the hole in Tates smile, Uh, I mean scary face. Isn't his dad a dentist????
Oh my gosh, I'm totally laughing right now because when you said you had 10 minutes to paint their faces, I first looked at the picture of the real one, and I was freaking out what a good job you did!! HA HA You really did do a good job on your boys though! ;) That's pretty sweet that you are getting the best of both worlds: being in the west, in the mountains, but no snow... I think they call that Shangri-La. Love you!
Okay - so I haven't been blog-surfin' in forever. SOO fun to see you guys and your adorable kids! I can't believe how big they are getting! I have already had the same thoughts as your post about the DS games. Some day when the twins are old enough ... =)
Okay, seeing the picture of the underground tramp just brought back some serious memories! Remember our choreographed dances, our "Rocketeer" moments, our endless games of add-on...? Good times...
I'm actually loving your face painting abilities...impressive! Oh, and the picture of Avery playing the DS buck naked is priceless. I'll do whatever works! Great idea!
YOu are the best mom. I think you did a great job with the face paint! I laughed out loud about the DS's.
I think the face painting looks great and I had no idea you didn't get snow! I loved your post about the maid too- that is so funny!
Post a Comment