Happy St. Patrick's Day.....We believe in Leprechauns!!
The kids were so into St. Patrick's day this year. Brecken wanted to be decked out in green and she looked adorably festive. Tate on the other hand was all about the pinching! He purposely dressed in red and wanted people to think he didn't have green on so that when they pinched him he could suddenly flash his hidden green shamrock and pinch them 10 times. He couldn't believe there was a holiday that I said he COULD pinch people....he loved it and thought it was hilarious and loved being sneeky!
Brecken came straight home from school and made a paper Leprechaun house. She said that at school when they went out to recess they came back into the room and there were tiny Leprechaun footprints everywhere so she knows they exist and was going to catch one in a tricky little house. Her house was complete with stairs...and a pot of gold inside. The Leprechauns did come late that night and dropped off some green cup cakes, there was glitter instead of footprints and the kids followed the glitter trail until it ended but never found the leprechauns. I guess they were just too sneaky this year! Since Brecken was sad she didn't catch one in her house I put the movie "The Gnomemobile" on my Netflix queue so tomorrow we can at least watch a movie with the little gnomes in it. (It was the closest to Leprechauns as I could do). She's so excited! If you haven't seen it...shame on you it's a kids classic!



2 comments:
Have to admit- loved the movie growing up- tried to get my boys to watch it on St. Patrick's Day, not a huge hit. Must be a girl thing.
so much fun...I still need to post our st. patrick's day, but we too believe in leprechauns!! I love the green day!! sorry about the chocolate mess...those things are the worst!! but like you said a blessing in disguise, right?
Post a Comment