3/18/2011

Happy St. Patty's!


Oh yes, my kids were back at it again this year. They were bound and determined to catch a Leprechaun! I really thought they weren't that "into" it this year so I decided to not mention it (thinking it would pass.) Well don't do this people because then at 9:00 at night when you're tucking them in they do remember and then freak out and have to make one...yep that's how we role around here. last year their trap didn't work because the Leprechaun could jump really high and jumped back out once he fell in, so this year they made it taller and put duck tape (sticky side up) on the bottom so that the Leprechaun couldn't jump back out!

They set the bait and were squealing with excitement!
Apparently Leprechauns go for Gold and Golden puffs!

Well, at 4:00 a.m. the kids ran up the stairs to check the trap (yes they seriously woke up to check it) they thought I was a major party pooper for not jumping up and down when I saw that the trap had been tipped. And for sending them back to bed. Apparently that sneaky Leprechaun did get stuck to the bottom of the trap, and after eating the golden puffs and thinking it over he was smart enough to jump against the side until it tipped over. But he did leave a treat and a note for the kids because they were so clever. The Leprechaun did pull a few tricks on us like leaving green water in the toilets, but I'll spare you and will not post a picture of that, I wouldn't want to change anyone's assumption that I keep my toilets beautiful and sparkling at all times!
Here was our attempt at putting a clover in Breck's hair for school, um it was an attempt we'll just leave it at that. In some cases it's the effort that counts ha ha.
We had a "mostly Green" dinner. The potatoes, Jello, and green beans worked out well but I couldn't quite figure out how to make the steak or apples green. But hey it was better than the kids not eating the Green pea soup I had considered...oh well.


We topped off our meal with some ELF....I mean LEPRECHAUN cookies!

I caught a darling moment when Tate was making Crew laugh really hard today, it melted my heart watching their smiling faces laugh and bond. I feel VERY LUCKY to be blessed with these little moments in my life. And I hope that I don't ever forget them!




4 comments:

Kami March 18, 2011 at 1:54 PM  

I blame nana for all of this! Until last year St. Patrick's day was a breeze. Throw some green on and go. Now I am making traps, trying to find something that a leprechaun would want to steal, and all the behind the scene parent responsibilities that go with it! ARRRRRR! I guess I should be happy, it won't be long until they don't want to do it at all!

Lacey Sue March 18, 2011 at 4:34 PM  

SO FUN!!! What a blast! You put my lame attempt at "St. Paddy" day fun to shame!! Your house is always full of fun stuff ;)!

the happy hansens' March 19, 2011 at 7:05 AM  

you are such a good mommy!

Young family March 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM  

I can't believe how fast little crew is growing! Your kids are so creative. It is fun to see them get excited about little things.

Friends and Family

...and this is my JOY

...and this is my JOY

Brecken

Brecken
Eight years old

Tate

Tate
Six years old

Avery

Avery
Four years old

Crew

Crew
3 weeks old

About Me

My photo
I am right in the heat of being a total "MOMMY" to 4 energetic kids. I still love sports with every fiber in me, and play any sport I can whenever I get the chance. I love coaching volleyball and challenging myself physically. I have an amazing husband who I am so so so proud of. I love decorating, organizing and making our house a home. My family is my greatest happiness.

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP