Christmas Eve
We spent Christmas Eve together with just our own little family, this is something we've done for a few years now and I love it. The kids are so happy and giddy the whole night and so am I! We start out of course with the traditional opening of the Christmas pj's. This year we got the kids robes...they absolutely love them and have been asking for one ever since they saw Kevin in Home Alone running around in his!
Next up... Eggnog and Gingerbread. This year we made a train!
Soon the kid's were tucked into bed and dreaming of sugar plums!
Unfortunately about 30 minutes later BAM... Avery woke up with croup out of nowhere. She could not breath and was hysterically wheezing for air. Bubba spent the next few hours out on the porch bundled up while I did my Christmas Eve duties alone with a crying baby who decided not to go to sleep. Avery came in after awhile and was wheezing again really bad after about 15 minutes of being inside. So it was out on the porch again...Bubba finally decided she wasn't breathing good enough and he took her to the ER at about 3:30 for a treatment. He got home at 7:30 and the kids woke up at 8:00. Ya we were a little big tired Christmas Day! Ave was so exhausted we tried to wake her up to come out with the other kids but she was completely incoherent, so SAD!
Avery's big Christmas present was her "Tangled" castle and princesses.
The big ticket item for Breck and Tate was their motor scooters. Me and Bub even took them for a spin and believe me they are a riot! I think I'll be having a bit of fun on them too.
After all the presents were opened I heard Tate inform Brecken that his favorite present was the jackpot of silly bands he got. HHHMMM considering how much the motor scooter cost and that the silly bands were $7 I'll really have to do a better job of prioritizing my shopping next year.
When Avery finally woke up she was a little bit kooky, and still very sick. She walked around dazed for a long time! lol
But I think once she realized that Santa had found us she actually cracked a smile!



0 comments:
Post a Comment