10/29/2009

A Quick Month Re-cap

Slippers to school? Yep my kids favorite week of school RED RIBBON WEEK. Tate goes to school in the afternoon so I had to take their pictures at different times. Here are some of the fun things they got to do...

Slipper or Sock Day

Hat Day/ Walk or Ride your bike to school Day





Next up was MIS-MATCH Day... they thought it was fun being so goofy!


and last but not least... RED DAY (wear as much red as possible)



Random things we've been up to.................

I love this time of year, when it's starting to get cold outside I get the urges to heat things up inside. This means COOKING and lots of it. Yes that is 12 loaves of Banana bread in one day! I save the bananas that are too ripe to eat in my freezer, then once I have way too many bananas in my freezer and can't stand it, I make Bread! my kids LOVE it.
And the apple pie...no reason what so ever but come on...who doesn't love apple pie during fall?


The last few warm days of the year, meant my backyard was full again.
Here are the BOYS being BOYS


And here are the BOYS being GIRLS!
I just had to document this one!


And a cute shot around the house with...Avery being Avery!


I officially have a Kindergartener again. The school has a tradition here where they send home these paper-doll figures for the kindergarteners to decorate and describe themselves. They then share them with the class to get to know one another. Afterward, they hang in the kindergarten hall all year long. Tate and I had a blast doing his this year, and I think it turned out adorable. He told me everything that he wanted it to encompass.
Tate here are a few things You love right now........
dressing up - spiderman - playing legos - riding your bike - catching bugs - playing baseball - eating cabbage - mac and cheese - and any type of candy.


I also Officially have a 2nd Grader. I have found that although the world is a very different place than it was when I was in second grade, some things never change! With Brecken in second grade I have realized the same jokes, the same sayings, and yes the same GAMES are still going around.
Remember this one?
Brecken showed me a piece of paper with five x marks on it. All the kids were gathered round to watch me make a fool of myself. She then told me to roll the quarter down my face and try to drop it onto the x. She conveniently marked with a pencil where my quarter landed. Immediately I remembered this game and I have to say I was very good at pretending that I had no clue it was making marks all over my face. The kids however would laugh hysterically every time I made another mark. At the end of the game they grabbed my arms and had me look in the mirror. I screamed and acted shocked. It took them 10 minutes to stop giggling.

I love being able stay home with these hoodlems all day, they remind me of all the fun little joys of childhood and give me fresh perspective on life!

1 comments:

Em October 31, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

oh my gosh...i remember that joke! Haha! You're so cute to have played along with them. WHat a great mom you are! Holy banana bread! I love banana bread. I agree, also, that this time of year I want to bake and make soup. I'll bet I make soup 3 nights a week and we love it!

I have to say...did Tate say that he loves to eat cabbage? Haha. That is so funny to me that a little boy would like it! That's awesome!

Friends and Family

...and this is my JOY

...and this is my JOY

Brecken

Brecken
Eight years old

Tate

Tate
Six years old

Avery

Avery
Four years old

Crew

Crew
3 weeks old

About Me

My photo
I am right in the heat of being a total "MOMMY" to 4 energetic kids. I still love sports with every fiber in me, and play any sport I can whenever I get the chance. I love coaching volleyball and challenging myself physically. I have an amazing husband who I am so so so proud of. I love decorating, organizing and making our house a home. My family is my greatest happiness.

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP