7/17/2009

4th of JULY


We had an absolute blast this year on the Fourth of July.
We started out the morning with the annual 5k. Of coarse Doug and Aaric left Kami and I in the dust, but we still managed to run under a 10 minute mile. We just like to complain about that missing gene that men have that we miss out on. I have been running for weeks and Aaric signed up the night before the race having NO prep and busted out a 5 minute mile...what the??

We signed the kids up for the 1 mile race. This was their first year running it so they didn't really know what to expect, but they ran the whole way and did a great job!


This is a picture of all the kids just off the starting line. Brecken's face was hilarious the whole time she was running. She looked like she was going to start bawling or something, I think she wondered why all the adults were standing there yelling...she had no idea what to think of the whole thing
Tate on the other hand was smiling and having a blast. Even though we had to amputate one of his legs. He drew many spectators as he hopped the whole mile! Here's Kami and I just crossing the finish line!!

This is Tate and our cute back door neighbor Noah (Tate's surrogate older brother). They both won medals in their age groups. Tate won 1st PLACE!! He was grinning from ear to ear when we told him that he had taken first place. he said "what, wow...I thought I got like a hundredth or something."
(we won't ever tell him that he was actually the ONLY one in his age group. he he he)


Then it was PARADE time!! and here is the famous 4 day float we whipped up this year. Yes you read right... FOUR DAYS! We were going to go with something simple this year, then changed our minds and went all out. We threw out lip balm and frisbees with the Dental practice name info and logo on them. The huge toothbrushes were a hit.


We love to get all decked out in RED WHITE AND BLUE... luckily we have a great spot in front of Grandma Toni's house that is always reserved for us. The kids love collecting all the candy and toys and things that are thrown.


All the Allred grandkids that live here.

Next up....... Carnival at the park. The kids love all the bouncy houses, slides, swings, games, snowcones, food and fun. This year we had a blast in the DUNKING BOOTH....I had to use my friends camera because mine accidentally went home in Kami's purse, I'll have to post those pictures later.
Cousin Lovin!! These two had a blast running around barefoot together

And Last but not least Allred Family OLYMPICS !!! after dinner we played some great games all in the name of COMPETITION!! We divide into teams and then have a scoring system to gain points throughout each game.....SO FUN! Here are some of the games we played...

Pass the wet sponge with your feet and empty as much water into the bucket as possible.

Leapfrog Kickball

Hot Shot basketball Throwing the football through the tire


Hit the ball past the other teams line only using tennis balls Team Jump rope


Golfing Pass the water over the shoulder game

Here are pictures of all the teams this year...
And the end to the perfect INDEPENCE DAY was laying on the back lawn watching the fire works and while listening to patriotic music. The kids had a blast lighting a few of their own also!!

I am SO thankful to live in a free country, and for all those who have fought and are still fighting to keep our country free. I am so proud to be an American and I'm so glad we take a day to completely dedicate a celebration to our wonderful Nation. GOD BLESS AMERICA

6 comments:

Zane, Fallon,Taden,Damian and ? July 18, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

wow i'm so impressed you took so many pics! It looks like you guys had a blast! we miss you like crazy!

The Ekins July 18, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

See I did take your teams picture!!! Sorry I did not post it but I am glad I at least took it!

Katie July 18, 2009 at 7:20 PM  

Geez I'm still stuck on the fact that not only did you run the 5K but Aaric did it in 5 minutes...holy crap!

Awesome float too! Looks like you guys are lovin the Grantsville life!

Young family July 19, 2009 at 7:07 PM  

Wow! What a great 4th you had!
Oh, and you look great being blonde, but then you would look great with any hair color!

Doug and Rachel July 21, 2009 at 5:33 AM  

What fun! Your life is not boring and quite busy and you are much more adventurous in my eyes! We may get to see Europe, but your family is closer than ours, so I guess there's a time and place for everything. So I'm assuming Aaric is also in the bishopbric or has been from your comment. Wow, any tips? Your kids are getting so big and I like your hair - it looks way long!

L July 28, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

Wow! You had a crazy, fun 4th! I love your float. You guys are amazing...and your family all running the race! Awesome! You look so great!

Friends and Family

...and this is my JOY

...and this is my JOY

Brecken

Brecken
Eight years old

Tate

Tate
Six years old

Avery

Avery
Four years old

Crew

Crew
3 weeks old

About Me

My photo
I am right in the heat of being a total "MOMMY" to 4 energetic kids. I still love sports with every fiber in me, and play any sport I can whenever I get the chance. I love coaching volleyball and challenging myself physically. I have an amazing husband who I am so so so proud of. I love decorating, organizing and making our house a home. My family is my greatest happiness.

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP