3/30/2009

{Traditions of a small town}

Brecken's Elementary school had GrandParents Day on friday. My Parents and Aaric's Mom were able to come. This is such a fun tradition for the kids. Brecken was so excited all morning, and could hardly stand it. Breck's Grandparents got to come and pick her up from her classroom and take her to the cafeteria for lunch. Then they headed back to her classroom and she got to show them what she did each day and what she had been working on or any part of the classroom that she wanted to show off. And yes I am the annoying mom that tags along just to get the pictures! But I just snapped a couple and then left I swear. Brecken was beaming the whole time and had a blast with her Grandparents, We love them so much and as a mom I'm so thankful for their support and really appreciate them making memories with our kids!


This is Brecken's cousin Ashton, they are only one year apart but Ashton is on the tall end of the spectrum and Brecken is on the short end. I think it's hilarious how opposite they are. hhmmm I wonder if my genes are playing a role here? whoops!
Despite the growth chart they are cute little friends and love being in the same school. But what's even funnier is what's in the next picture.............



Here you see the whole group. Brecken's two cousins and their two Grandma's. Well my little nephew Davin (Ashton's brother) is actually a year YOUNGER than Brecken! yep next to each other he is a full head taller than Breck but she is a year older.

Ashton is in 2nd grade....
Brecken is in 1st grade and
Davin is in Kindergarten.

But Brecken definitely looks like the Kindergartener here. It's hilarious, me and Kami laugh about it all the time. We'll cross our fingers that Brecken hits a growth spurt here sometime soon, but I won't be holding my breath for it!

8 comments:

Em March 30, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

OH my gosh, that is so cute. I would have loved to have had my grandparents come to my school for a day! She is just beaming in those pics. I love her little stylin' clothes. So cute!

Don't worry about being the "annoying mom," because that's how it should be! She'll always have a memory of that day thanks to you! I didn't realize Brecken was that short! So cute!

Leah March 31, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

so much fun...they do grandparents day here too, but unfortunately none here for annie...someday soon!! love the pics and little Breck...hope my friend got ahold of you and put you at ease a bit :)

Kami April 1, 2009 at 6:01 AM  

Cute pics! I am glad you are the annoying mom, otherwise I would not have these great grandparent day pictures! Thanks again!

Young family April 1, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

How Fun!! It is fun to see a picture of your parents... They havn't changed a bit!
What is Lindsay up to??

jessica April 5, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

I loved grandparent's day! Brecken looks absolutely ADORABLE. What a beautiful girl! (hmm, wonder why) By the way, your mom looks AMAZING!! Seriously, she's only gotten prettier!! Not a year older than when I saw her, what, 10 years ago?! You've got some great genes to look forward to!! Love ya!

Rachel April 15, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Paige- I'm sorry I'm a terrible blogger- I just read your comment on our blog (from December!). Sure love and miss you guys! -Rachel

Reno 411 April 15, 2009 at 7:01 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reno 411 April 15, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Gibbys and us all went to the same Elementary School. Grandma and Grandpa came to our school for Grandparents day lunch, it was so fun. Living in a small town does have its perks.

Brecken is darling. You'd rather her be petite then Amaazon girl.

Friends and Family

...and this is my JOY

...and this is my JOY

Brecken

Brecken
Eight years old

Tate

Tate
Six years old

Avery

Avery
Four years old

Crew

Crew
3 weeks old

About Me

My photo
I am right in the heat of being a total "MOMMY" to 4 energetic kids. I still love sports with every fiber in me, and play any sport I can whenever I get the chance. I love coaching volleyball and challenging myself physically. I have an amazing husband who I am so so so proud of. I love decorating, organizing and making our house a home. My family is my greatest happiness.

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP