How was my night last night?...Let's just say Lesson learned!
Warning......don't look if you have a weak stomach, motherhood is NOT for wimps!!
I don't want my blog to come across as a perfect peachy life of nothing but wonderfulness, this is the real life of the Allreds. We take the good with the bad and want to remember both!
Last night Aaric had run in from work, changed his clothes and ran back out the door to a stake leadership meeting so I thought I'd let the kids have some fun. They thought it was so cool that I was letting them watch a movie in my bed, and were thrilled when I told them I would get them all a sipper of chocolate milk. They were giggling and all excited all lined up together with their drinks and pillows and bears. I left such a perfect fun moment to get some things done, and I came back to this!!! Are you kidding me?
Avery had thrown up all over my bed...she was standing there saying "I throw up, I throw up" I went to pick her up and BOOM there she goes again...this time ALL over me and the carpet and the dresser, and all the pillows from my bedding that I had stacked next to it! With one more good hurl onto my pants I finally just grabbed her and made a run for the bathroom. Oh the joys of motherhood. I quizzed the older kids about the episode that I didn't see. Avery did have a cough but wasn't really that sick. She's done this before by just chugging it too fast.......
Then in the mess I saw a big slimy round thing and asked Brecken what it was. She simply said " oh that's a crabby patty I gave Avery from my backpack"
I said, "A CRABBY PATTY...sick, Brecken you have to ask me before you give her any candy okay, especially if it's from school."
I was scrubbing the carpet and almost throwing up because of the real "throw up" smell and my mind got running here's what I was thinking:
"oh seriously it's 9:00. By now the kids should be in bed, I wish Aaric was home helping me with this, shouldn't I have some sort of entitlement to a guardian angel when my husband is gone for church meetings every single night of the week? My nights should be calm, collected, and completely watched over because of our sacrifice for the church. But here I am all alone, 3 kids running around, no husband, covered in throw up. Something is wrong with this picture."
Then Bam....The spirit hit me so strong I couldn't believe it. Here I was complaining about having no guardian angel to keep my home perfectly content, when really that very gaurdian angel was probably the one that saved my 2 year old from choking to death when I wasn't in the room. DUH how could I be so negative? How could I be having this pitty party for myself right now? I have no idea what exactly happened but suddenly I was very very thankful to be cleaning up throw up and not on my way to the ER with my child turning blue!! I had to hit my knees and thank a loving Father in Heaven who taught me a good lesson last night. oh ya and thankful for my rainbow vacuum system, what would I do without it!



16 comments:
Oh Paige...
I can't even begin to empathize with you on that one. I'm SO sorry! Like you said, I guess that goes with motherhood. I love how you have such a great perspective on the whole incident. It shows your character. In the meanwhile, I am definitely going to steer clear of the chocolate milk!
Sorry! I am over at my parents house, and didn't realize I was logged in under my mom's account! Haha. That last comment was mine. Sorry!
Em
So uh...Avery, u wanna throw up inside or outside of the bed?.............Ummm I think..both!!!(groundhog avery day)
That is freaking mad!! Zan
paige, i was dying the whole time i was reading this and looking at the pics!! The crabby patty part is sooooooooo funny! Taden loves those for some reason! What a good mom you are. luv ya, fal
Paige, I'm so so so sorry! We have all been there. Vomit is the WORST! I'm impressed with your perspective though. Life can be easier when we look at the blessing. DANG crabby patties! ...my claim to vomit fame was when Colby threw up over the banister at Steve's mom's house and I got to clean up two stories of carpet, the wall and the banister. I still think you have me beat though with your own bed! Hopefully today will be vomit free for both of us! Hang in there!
That is sick and wrong!!! Poor Paige! At least it's your child and not mine...throwing up in your van....remember that?! That was pretty sick too...except wiping off leather is much easier than cleaning carpets/bedding/furniture!
Now didn't she just puke up chocolate milk the other day I was over there? Seems like a reoccuring theme.
The pictures didn't bother me at all.....because they weren't accompanied by the HORRIBLE smell. Hope you got it all out!!
Choking kids are my worst fear.....I think if it were to ever happen I would panic and not remember all my skills!! Good for Avery to puke it up and not put you in the "panic" mode!
Oh, the joys of being a mom! It seems that when my kids get the throw-ups, my hubby is gone too! And maybe next time that happens, I will have to be quick a take pictures to share with everyone too! :)
Oh. MY. GOSH. SICK!!!! How grateful we are that she was being watched over, though.
I am glad that she was fine and not choking. But those moments are so NOT fun!
Hi Paige,
It's been a long time. Your family is so cute. I'm glad I found you through Kati Jo. It looks like you're doing great and enjoying life :) I can totally relate. With three kiddos there is always something to keep you jumpin. Have you kept in touch with Katie Kiddo and Kelly Croft? I would love to catch up with them too if you know anything. You can come to my blog (fyi I really stink at updating it) danandkellie.blogspot.com
Okay...seriously???!!!! Ugh. Cleaning up puke is the WORST. Oh, woman, I feel for ya. Poor Avery, too. I know it is OCD of me but all I could keep thinking was, "oh no, not the pillows, too!...not the floor, too! not the nightstand, too!" I guess she wanted to make sure it was all evenly distributed. Great perspective, though...I hadn't thought of the fact that I guess it was that OR choking...yikes. So scary. Hope it all cleaned up okay. Thanks for a good down to earth post. Nice to know we're all in this together. :)
YUCK!! I even asked you how you keep those sheets and comforter so white, and now I know that it's secretly covered in throw up!! That pic is really hilarious!! Well, all least it was throw up and not poop!! I have yet to tackle that nasty occurance but am not looking forward to it.
Paige, What a nightmare! I love that you took all of the disgusting pictures though. YUCK!!!
I'm sorry but I was crying laughing at this one! I can just see you now trying not to cry through the whole thing but in the end you're so miserable that you start laughing. I wish I was there with you!! Love ya.
Ohhhhhhh myyyyyyy gooooooooosh. I kind of dry heaved, oh wait, there it goes again. One more. That is incredibly paige, isn't mommy-hood wonderful :-)
Post a Comment