{Friends are such a blessing}
This past weekend my favorite gal in the world came to see me!! Robyn and I played volleyball together at Rick's College and just clicked from the second that we met. I still remember getting to the dorms the day before 2-a-days started and walking in and meeting her. She said "hi I'm Robyn." and I said " hi I'm Paige." we were pretty much strangers but we automatically just hugged each other!!! From that moment on I just smile when I think about Robyn. She is one of the funnest people on earth to hang out with!! Robyn is coaching a club team that travels and plays close by, so she came and slept over before her team played on Saturday. It was so fun staying up all night catching up!
Robyn and I spent HOURS and HOURS in hot gyms together...all for the love of Volleyball!
But my family room was all the excitement we needed this weekend.
We have shared so many millions of memories together. From the horrible ones to the wonderful ones, from the sad ones to the hilarious ones, from state to state, gym to gym, and hotel to hotel, there are so many things we went through together. That is how I know she really "KNOWS" the true me.
A lot has happened in the 9 years between these two pictures. We have both been married, started families, moved around, and had our lives go different directions. But when we get together we can pick up right where we left off, and laugh and laugh, and sincerely care about how the other one is doing. That is one trait of a true friend.
The best thing about Robyn is she is not afraid to GOOF OFF! We could be silly silly stupid, or just plain disgusting and we just loved each other even more for it.



6 comments:
OHhhhhhh my gosh!!!! Some of those pictures are frickin hilarious! Send my sweet hello to sweet Robyn, and how fun to get to spend time together! I wonder how Danica is, and the rest of the girls??? Thanks for the memory lane run:-)
Paigey!! That was so stinkin' fun!! I love the old pictures too!! When I got back to St. George I just gushed over how much I love you!! True, we never roomed together, but our connection must have been from the pre-existence because there is no one like you!! Thanks again for Grantsvilles finest Mexican food- it was fabulous!! And I love your kids- me and Breck had a ball with our little sleepover!! Next time, you come here and we'll party!! I love ya!
OK so what do I need to do to get our picture of us and Kieth on here?! jk Loved seeing all the volleyball pics...those were some FUN girls!
AND just have to say that Robyn has a darling family...a little girl named PAIGE (yes, I checked out her blog...loved the poop post...i really need to go to bed)
How fun! Everyone needs a friend like that. I'm glad you had a weekend to goof off and reunite!
Such cute pictures! I agree, everyone needs friends like that. Seeing those pics makes me miss college days and roommates. Classic memories.
I can only imagine the laughs and stories you shared. You guys are completely nutty and haven't grown up a bit. I love it! I'm sure when you saw eachother again, it was screaming and hugging and screaming and hugging. We need a reunion NOW!
Post a Comment