Smarty pants...
Avery is getting so good at reading and writing and sounding things out. I think I'm just going to order the red reader books and get her started. A couple days ago she wanted to play with these stickers so I gave her a piece of paper and let her go to town. after a little while she brought me this... What I thought would be a piece of paper with stickers on it turned out to be the very first note she had written to me all by herself. She sounded everything out and wrote it all alone...she is getting so smart! too bad we still have a year and a half until kindergarten, I'm thinking she'll be getting a little bored! Here are some of the words she wrote to me.... Avery, XOXOXO, Tate, Crew, Mom, Dad, I luv mom, I luv mi Dad.
This morning Avery and I were playing yet another game of hangman
(it's one of her favorites)
I usually write the dashes of the word I'm thinking of with a number below it, then she does the rest. She sits at the counter while I'm doing dishes or cooking and she guesses letters. If she's right I tell her what number to put the letter above, if she's wrong she draws another body part on. The thing I love about playing this with her is the fact that her man has about 50 body parts. She makes sure to include anything to keep the game going including as many curls of hair as she. This way there is no way she will ever lose. It also helps her practice writing her letters. My word today was zebra....
After she got zebra she told me that she wanted to be the one thinking of the word. I wasn't sure how this would go but I said okay. She wrote in her own dashes and was the secretary for me while I did dishes. I guessed letters she thought about it for awhile and would say yes or no. I thought for sure it wouldn't end up making any sense but she actually did REALLY good. Her word was clock. She was DANG close to perfect once I said "K" she squealed with excitement and said "You got it, you got it". I looked over and here is what I saw...



2 comments:
Go Avery!! That is awesome! :)
love it....can I send Madelyn your way, she knows nothing and doesn't really care!! I love that Avery is ready to read!! Hope you guys are doing well
Post a Comment