{What a great way to start a new day}
This morning I was fixing breakfast for the kids, Brecken and Tate were sitting at the bar, I had gotten them both a drink and they were watching me finish fixing their eggs. I brought the eggs over to the bar and started dishing them up, out of the corner of my eye I saw Tate doing something so I looked up. He had his pointer finger held up against the middle of his forehead. I looked at him puzzled and said what are you doing? He kept his finger there not moving a muscle and just started giggling really hard. "hhhmm weird" I thought. I kept working on the food and he said "mommy, he he he he" and was laughing holding his finger to his forehead....................Then it finally hit me.......oh he was making fun of ME!! I then recalled the huge zit I have right in the middle of my forehead. I said " are you making fun of my ZIT?" this made him laugh even harder. So Brecken says, "well mom how did you get that there?" at this point I was feeling a little worthless you could say. I answered her, "well I just tried to get the white stuff out and I made a scab on my face okay?" at this point I thought the conversation was over because we were all giggling.....but oh no.......Tate then says " well Mom I guess you're the NERD today." We all just laughed because well what exactly can you say to that? I already knew I was a nerd but I didn't want my kids knowing!
My question is....How does a four year old know that you're a nerd if you have zits? And as if physically having children doesn't thrash your self confidence enough........you then have to deal with the emotional trama that is created because of their brutal honesty. Well at least I know they call it as they see it, They are hilarious sweet little kids who are completely naive to what a mother really wants to hear! Sooner or later if they're smart They'll learn to tell me I look Beautiful in the morning. For now I'll just have to take a few confidence busters and giggle with them!



16 comments:
I love that Tate said that...hilarious! Kids do say the darndest things :)
Hi...I was on my blog here in Washington and went looking for my other blog and somehow it brought me to yours! ??? (I usually get some weird foreign country) So, I read your cute story about your zit...and laughed and agreed! Then, I looked at your darling picture of your family..your cute hat, how great your house looks...and thought, 'this gal must live in Utah..' And, you do! ha ha (I think...) I saw the West Valley cop car. Anyway, you're absolutely darling: zit and all! :)
Oh, hilarious!!! That is the funniest story. I am so glad you recorded that one. And, I don't think you are a nerd!
I feel your pain! Andrew tends to be brutally honest as well. "Mom...whats that on your face? It looks terrible." I don't think I will ever show him my high school pictures! Hey I wanted to tell you that I'm so happy you and Leah had such a great time the other week. I'm sorry we weren't able to make it! Your pictures were really cute and fun. I think both you and Leah are aging backwards! You are both beautiful!
Paige: If anyone can help you find your missing blog--this is the guy. I cut and pasted this paragraph from his blog.
"Still stuck? Give us a holler at support@netrivet.com and we'll get back to you in a hurry. Please send us your blog address (if you have one)"
He will go into your blog and do amazing things. I personally have not used him, but he has done mind blowing work!
And, yes, Jill is right: you are aging backwards! You are pretty hot! :)
Have a great day~
That Tate!!! What a funny kid! Kids are honest though...for better or worse!
Happens to the best of us!
So funny! I love the pic of Brecken and her sunglass earring invention! Your holidays look like a blast!
The only thing that could make you feel prouder is if they would have said it to one of YOUR friends. Kids will never let you down, they will humiliate you constantly!
That's such a funny story! It had me laughing. Yeah, what's up with the face break outs at 30 years old??? I'm about ready to kill my face right now...definitely nerdy!
Hi Paige! I have to agree with the other ladies... You are one hot momma! You could wear a paper bag over your head and still look beautiful!
My little one!! I'm glad that you don't have to try to keep being cool for tate, we all know that deep down you are just a big nerd like the rest of us!! He he! I can't wait to see you! We are going to party in Toelle!! Maybe Aaric can clean my teeth while we're there! jk
haha ya leave it up to a kid to tell you the truth eh? except for the nerd part lol! LOVE IT! hey PLEASE get on facebook would ya? :)
WHat a funny story, Paige. Classic.
Man, you're getting some weird situations with people you don't know leaving you comments. Haha. I told my mom about that one person leaving them a while ago. I'm thinking about making mine private also. Who knows.
sorry about your zit...they're hard to deal with and not pick at, i hear ya....
paige!!! Hello!! I found your blog off of Brittanys. I saw the names and thought they looked familiar. You look the same and after reading this post you must still act the same!! love it! what a beautiful family you have! ok and I love your house, you can tell by the pics anyways. You are quite the decorator! The next time you are in az you can come help me with mine. I try but can never get it right!! oh and i love seeing that gina and robyn left a comment too . . . we need a reunion of some sort!
Post a Comment